Christopher P. Niemiec
Chris graduated from The Citadel with a B.A. in Political Science in 1999. After completing a four-year tour as an officer in the U.S. Army’s Third Infantry Division, Chris earned his Juris Doctor at Barry University School of Law in 2006. He concentrates his practice in defending workers’ compensation cases and other related labor and employment matters.
Chris represents some of the largest employers in Florida including municipalities and other state agencies. Prior to joining the firm, he managed all Florida based litigation for a professional employer organization with approximately 1,500 client employers and 25,000 worksite employees. He is a certified instructor in workers’ compensation by the Florida Department of Financial Services and provides continuing education courses upon request.
Additionally, Chris is a Major in the U.S. Air Force Judge Advocate General Corps (Reserves) assigned to the 492d Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- Barry University School of Law, Orlando, Florida 2006, Juris Doctor
- The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, 1999, Bachelor's degree
Bar & Court Admissions
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar, Workers' Compensation Section, 2006 - Present Member
- U.S. Air Force Reserves, Judge Advocate General Corps
- E. Robert Williams American Inn of Court Member
- Jacksonville Claims Association Member
Certifications and Specialties
- Highest Overall Grade Award in Workers Compensation, Barry Univ. School of Law, 2005
- U.S. Army Commendation Medal, 2002
- U.S. Army Achievement Medal, 2001